There is no absolute security. Cryptocurrency exchanges can be hacked, even if this probability is not so high, but events during the existence of such exchanges show us that this is possible and happens quite often, your paper wallet can burn out, get wet, get lost, etc., but still not worth it make life easier for intruders and neglect the most basic security rules when working with cryptos. Secure your investment in every possible way.
How cryptocurrency is most commonly stolen
Here are some popular ways to steal cryptocurrency to help you figure out what to look for.
1. Fake wallets with embedded code that allows one to take over control of your cryptocurrency. You download such a wallet, install it, after which the attacker simply transfers your assets to himself.
2. Creation of fake sites of cryptoexchanges. With their help, attackers get your username and password. Ideally, they need to know your e-mail, which will send a link to the site under the guise of an official letter. There are other ways, but they are more time consuming. But this will not work if you use two-factor authentication. Hacking is possible here, but intruder will need to intercept your phone number or access your mail, which complicates the task. However, this is one of the most spread options for losing your cryptocurrency.
3. Fake exchangers. And this occurs, although not so often. If you use an exchanger, then at least look for reviews about it. And if his conditions are too attractive, then this will definitely be a reason to be seriously wary.
4. Trivial fraud. They promise to sell or buy cryptocurrency at an extremely favorable rate, the expectation of huge profits obscures a person’s eyes, and he or she transfers money to a fraudster without hesitation. There is no and cannot be protection, therefore this method will always be in the top in popularity.
How to secure your crypto coins
– Use a dedicated e-mail. Take advantage of services with a high degree of protection.
– Be sure to come up with a complex password, which will contain letters of different cases, numbers and special characters.
– Use a new Bitcoin address every time. The blockchain of most cryptocurrencies, including the main one, is open to everyone, so if someone manages to associate one of the addresses with a specific person, then the attackers or the authorities will have a whole history of the movement of funds of a certain person. Creating a new Bitcoin address is fast and free and can be done in less than a minute. Do not be lazy and keep your own anonymity.
– Store your keys correctly. Where do you store your two-factor authentication keys and passwords for exchange accounts? It is desirable that they be written out on paper or other non-digital media, separated and kept in safe places. The main thing to avoid is storing your passwords and keys in files on your or another computer that can be associated with you.
It is much easier for cybercriminals to get to digital files than to break into your house or anywhere else and find hidden notes with cherished combinations. Most importantly, do not forget to install the door locks more firmly or choose a sufficiently reliable place.
Use Bitcoin mixer
If you want to keep as much anonymity as possible in order to stay safe, be sure to use services to obfuscate the traces of crypto transactions. For example, such a reliable and efficient Bitcoin mixer BitMix.Biz will help to hide the true source of your income.
This proven cryptocurrency tumbler has helped tens of thousands of investors, traders and ordinary cryptocurrency users from all over the world to keep their data and funds safe. This is possible thanks to the technology of separating and mixing crypto transfers from different addresses. You can ensure the anonymity of your transactions using BitMix.Biz cryptocurrency mixer starting from 0.005 BTC\LTC\Dash. Your digital assets will be divided into many small transfers and go through dozens of addresses before reaching your wallet, while using a new address each time so that the history of the old wallet does not give additional chances to hackers to spy on.
BitMix.Biz options such as a variable fee and a changeable time of sending coins make it much more difficult to try to associate transfers with specific addresses, transfer amounts and time of sending. You can use both functions by choosing their values yourself or by letting the system’s algorithms choose random values.
Also, for large transfers, a function is provided that distributes the whole amount across several final wallets that you specify before starting coin cleaning. This enhanced randomization feature is available when mixing crypto coins from 0.1 BTC\LTC\Dash.
The reliability of the BitMix.Biz cryptocurrency mixer is provided by a letter of guarantee when depositing coins for cleaning, which contains a verification code, a guarantee deposit (for more details, in the Bitcoin mixer support service), deletion of data on each mixing process after 72 hours and the possibility of a one-time deletion. The security of the service is confirmed by many positive reviews from crypto users over the years of flawless work.
Use one of a dozen languages of a convenient interface, an API key for your website and the ability to earn income from the referral program for attracting new users of the service.